Friday, January 14, 2011

Back from Africa

There are a million things I would like to say, but my heart can't bring me to say any right now.  It has been hard to process all that has happened over these last two weeks.  Coming home has been the hardest because our children here need us 100%, and at the same time my heart is broken for the children we left in Uganda.  It aches especially for a little boy named Allan that I love like he was my own.

I promise that I will blog more soon.  I hope you will read the stories and I hope that you will be effected by what we experienced.

I feel like I am pretty recovered from my jet lag so I hopefully won't just want to crash after we get the kids to bed and will be able to write about our journey.  I have so much that I want to share with you all.  So many injustices that I want to scream from the rooftop in hopes of being able to make a change.  And all the while I hear the enemies little voice in the back of my head asking "What can one person do? What difference can you really make?"  But I see the enemies lies and I KNOW that a change can be made.  Even if it is just for one child.

I don't know the exact plans that God has for our family, but I know that Jason and I will never be the same.....and I don't want to be.  I want to ache for Allan.  I want to be broken over the little boy that we met one day and he died the next.  I want all these feelings so that I never become dull to the reality of this world again.  So that I will always be praying for and looking for my part in serving God and His children.  I have hope for them and I just pray that they have hope too.

No comments:

Post a Comment