Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Twas the Night Before Christmas in Uganda

Twas the Night Before Christmas in Uganda


Twas the night before Christmas and all through the village,
Mosquitos were swarming and getting ready to pillage.
The nets were hung over the beds with care,
In hopes that malaria would no longer be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While fears of malaria danced in their heads.
With I in my boots and her in her skirt,
We had just settled in amongst Uganda’s red dirt.

When out in the village there arouse such a clatter
I sprang from my seat to see what was the matter.
Out in the village I went on the run,
Because a bout with malaria is not so much fun.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a mom with her baby showing such fear.
With a fear in her eyes, she came to us quick,
I knew in a moment her child was sick.

With headache and nausea fever and chills,
I knew it was time to get out the malaria pills.

Healing Faith’s plan is to stop the hysteria
We pray for the day there is a no more malaria
We hope you will join us in fight
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment