Thursday, October 14, 2010

Satan's Bag of Tricks.

This past week or two has been full of some incredible spiritual highs and some low blows from the enemy.  Jason and I knew they would be coming, just had no clue the form they would appear in.  HOWEVER, one thing Satan can't control is how we react to these attempts of discouragement.  We want to rejoice in the Lord always and not let thoughts of "are we making a big mistake" "is there any possible way we can raise such large amounts in such a short amount of time" "is this really God's will" creep into our heads.  YES, we truly believe this is God's will and plan for our lives and we have such a peace that passes understanding that the funds will come in, in HIS timing. (as long as it is in the next two weeks, haha, just a little joke!)

What an experience we have had so far though in feeling such a presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  Even this morning when I sat down for my quite time with God.  I have to admit that the mission trip has pretty much been consuming my every thought in some way or another.  However, this morning I really felt like I needed to focus on taking God's word into account for my life to make sure that I am being the person that I need to be.  I wanted to focus on Proverbs 31 to remind myself what the characteristics of a noble wife are (and mother and servant of God, etc).  BUT wouldn't you know it, even trying my hardest not to think about the trip, God was awesome in communicating with me and what I feel was reassuring me yet again that we are supposed to go on this trip.  Here are two of the verses that I read in Proverbs 31

vs 8-9" Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.  Speak up and judge fairly, defend the rights of the poor and needy."
vs 20 "She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy."

Thank you God for giving us the strength that we need to seek your will and for speaking to us when we are willing to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment